Tuesday 23 April 2019

Pasta a la Chook
Sorry no pix of the pasta, the whole things was devoured before I got my act together
Sometimes you want something simple and quick. Try this! Pasta is always a favourite with me and I have been known to eat basins full. This is a good candidate for a big nosh up.

Ingredients
papadella - enough for two
1 Tbsp pesto
2 rashes of very thin bacon, chopped
4-6 small anchovy fillets, chopped
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 green onion, chopped
a little preserved lemon
small chili
drizzle of oil for frying

Method
Cook pasta according to directions.
In the meantime, fry the remaining ingredient until crisp and aromatic. The anchovies will simply melt into the other ingredients.
Drain pasta and return to pot with a little of the cooking liquid. Stir through pesto and spoon into plates. Sprinkle the crispy topping over the pasta ..... and voila! Serve with grated parmesan or simply a dash of EVO.

Chook's note: you could use many other ingredients as a variation on this recipe.
The pesto was last year made with walnuts and my home grown basil and then frozen in ice block trays (see recipe February 2018 or simply search for 'pesto' using the search tool).
I have posted a simple recipe for preserving lemons - see next post, it is easier than the one I posted  May 2017
Remember that pesto can be made with other herbs - parsley, spinach, kale, rocket. I use walnuts because I prefer their softer taste but other nuts work as well - the traditional pine nuts but also cashews and almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment