Thursday 10 October 2019

Peanut Brownies



This is an oldie but a goodie out of the recipe book my mum gave me when I got married – the PWMU Cookery book. The book is beautifully basic and is my go to for basic ingredient balances which is a good starting point - then you can go as crazy as you dare! It covers everything from stocks to soap making to home remedies!  I gave my kids one each when they left home.  Every home should have one - mine is well used so much so that it's held together with a rubber band! But to the Brownies ....

Ingredients
115 gm butter
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 ½ cups SR flour
2 Tbsp cocoa
50-60 gm salted peanuts
Salt and vanilla
Mix all together adding peanuts last. Put in pieces on a baking tray and back in moderate over 10 mins.

Chook’s note: in my oven I bake at 190 C ~15 mins – the longer you leave them the crisper they become. Cook to your preferred texture or cook half and half - chewy and crisp.  Take them to a friend - they are not so pretty but they disappear off the plate - yum!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment