Monday 8 February 2021

Zucchini slice

I’m sure many of you have a favourite version of this slice. This particular recipe has survived in my recipe folder since the 80s.  Judging from the scrappy note, I obviously made it up as I went along (I seem to have loads of such recipes but am slowly sifting through them all). 


Ingredients

375g zucchini, coarsely grated with peel on

1 onion, diced

3 rashes bacon, chopped

1 cup grated cheese – whatever you like or a combo (including feta)

1 cup SR flour

¼ cup oil

3-4 eggs (depends on size)

Salt and pepper


Method

Combine zucchini, onion, bacon and cheese. Then add flour, oil and lightly beaten eggs.

Spoon into a lined lamington, or similar, tin and bake in moderate oven 30-40 mins until brown.


Chook’s note: bake in large muffin tins to make a perfect picnic lunch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment