Saturday 28 December 2019

Almond biscuits

Ingredients
3 egg whites
125g caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
200-250g ground almonds (or almond flour for a finer texture)
1-2 drops almond essence, to taste (I use 1/2 tsp)
(Makes about 35)

Method
Preheat oven to 170-180C.
Whisk egg whites until soft peaks begin to form then beat in the sugar.
Fold in the ground almonds and essence.
Place spoonfuls, or pipe on to lined baking tray. Set aside for 30 mins.
Bake biscuits 15-20 mins until golden brown - I like them a bit gooey in the middle.
Cool on a rack then either serve or store in airtight container.

Chook's note: on my first attempt the oven was too hot so I have knocked it back a bit. Make sure your mixture is not to dry so don't add all the almond meal at once.
I decorated half with glace cherries and slivered almonds.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment